Sorry, applications for this position have closed
Surf Life Saving Tasmania (SLST) is a unique peak not-for-profit and volunteer emergency service comprised of 22 surf lifesaving affiliates, 3 support operations, and over 2300 members who are all committed to saving lives and positively impacting on their local communities.
In addition to patrolling Tasmanian beaches and waterways; through its affiliates SLST supports the Tasmanian Police with inland, inshore and offshore search and rescue services state wide. SLST provides an essential educational and emergency rescue service to all users of Tasmanian waters and plays a fundamental role in building healthy communities through sport and development programs. SLST delivers various enabler programs to support schools, community groups and new arrivals, and provide support for developing countries through international programs. SLST also provide consulting and safety services for events, festivals and reality TV shows such as Australian Survivor, Bachelor in Paradise AUS, Love Island USA, AUS, and NZ.
In the delivery of their Mission to save lives, create great Australians and build healthy and safe communities, the newly created position of General Manager will lead organisational operations and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, will be involved in the development and execution of organisational strategy.
Ensuring the delivery of exceptional and professional operational activities through a continuous improvement and innovative lens, the General Manager will lead a strong and committed team, driven with a clear purpose.
With responsibility for all operational aspects of the SLST Strategic Plan, your role will include:
- Leading and developing your people;
- Operational and strategic business planning, including financial stewardship;
- Building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships including Surf Life Saving Clubs, Marine Rescue Units, SLSA, interstate SLS counterparts, Emergency Services, Marine and Safety Tasmania (MaST), Royal Life Saving, Swimming Tasmania, commercial clients and other complimentary organisations;
- Advising and assisting the CEO and Board on operational matters;
- Ensuring communication channels are open and fully effective by acting as a focal point for volunteer issues and considerations;
- Attending relevant State and National meetings;
- Provision of advice and support to State Officers, and
- Supporting innovation and promoting the goals and culture of surf lifesaving.
Past or present membership of a Surf Life Saving Club or similar organisation, or experience in an Emergency Service is desirable, but not essential.
SLST is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check.
For a confidential discussion or to obtain position information, please contact Joanne Inches directly on 0408 331 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am on Thursday 12th November 2020.