Sorry, applications for this position have closed
- University of Tasmania
- Hobart based
The University of Tasmania is building a vision of a place-based University with a mission to enhance the intellectual, economic, social and cultural future of Tasmania, and from Tasmania, contribute to the world in areas of distinctive advantage. The University recognises that achieving this vision is dependent on the people we employ as well as creating a University that is values-driven, relational, diverse, and development-focused.
The College of Arts, Law and Education brings together teaching and research expertise in creative arts, education, humanities, law, and social sciences to create a multi-disciplinary hothouse for exploring new ideas and knowledge that will help shape the futures of individuals and societies, both locally and internationally. The College has five Schools spread across multiples campuses in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie, and hosts a number of institutes that reflect its research strengths.
The Executive Director Operations is a key member of the College of Arts, Law and Education’s leadership team and works in a matrix structure with dual reporting lines to the Executive Dean of the College and the Chief Operating Officer. As the most senior administrative position in the College, the Executive Director Operations provides commercial acumen and leadership to drive College performance, identifying opportunities to grow student numbers, enhance research impact and develop new strategic partnerships.
The Executive Director Operations will bring a contemporary approach to leading the College, driving a high performing and customer-focused culture of continuous improvement and an emphasis on business partnership and collaboration across the University. The Executive Director Operations will inspire engagement with University and College strategy and translate strategy into meaningful business and operational plans. The successful incumbent will lead innovation, improvement and change initiatives across the College and align professional staff to secure the ongoing success of the University.
To deliver in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification/s in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in developing and executing strategy including capacity to shape a compelling vision, establish initiatives and inspire collaboration and support to realise organisational goals.
- Proven success in lifting performance in a large and complex organisation, including developing new products and markets (preferably in an educational setting) leading to demonstrable impact on financial and non-financial key performance measures.
- Proven ability as a transformational leader, driving and inspiring engagement with the strategic direction and change initiatives, and staff development and growth.
- Sophisticated influencing and relationship development capability across a variety of internal and external stakeholder groups that achieves results through consensus, commitment, cooperation and teamwork creating a reputation for positive and constructive engagement.
The closing date for applications is close of business Friday 3rd May 2019.
For a confidential discussion and further information please contact Joanne Inches, Director Red Giant, directly on +61 408 331 311 or email email@example.com