Metro Tasmania Pty Ltd (Metro) is the State-owned Tasmanian public transport company, with just under 500 employees, 220 buses, an asset base of $89M and $60M in annual expenditure. Metro proudly serves the people of Tasmania through its operations in three major urban areas of Tasmania – Hobart, Launceston and Burnie.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO has a number of exciting opportunities and challenges ahead.
- instilling confidence in the travelling public in a post Covid-19 environment and building our relationship with our customers
- reinvigorating the culture of Metro Tasmania with a focus on the customer, quality and employee health and safety
- improving our customer service, bus service reliability and on time running
- introducing an improved travel card system to aid faster boarding time and more reliable information
- rejuvenating the bus fleet post completion of the 100 buses Bus Replacement program
- guiding our low to Zero Carbon strategy
- instigating a continuous improvement program through the active involvement of our employees
- addressing business sustainability and quality systems,
- improving stakeholder relations and setting up a Customer Advisory Committee.
The Board is looking for a passionate and energetic CEO who will build positive working relationships with all stakeholders, who can develop and lead a strong executive team, communicate effectively with employees, and work with the Board to guide and lead Metro into an exciting future.
The CEO will have deep knowledge of customer service and public transport systems. The CEO will be an enthusiastic communicator and a person with a strong sense of fair play and empathy towards others. They will have strong grounding in quality and business excellence frameworks, financial and asset management and planning. They will have experience in leading cultural change in an organisation.
For a confidential discussion or to obtain formal position information, please contact Joanne Inches directly on 0408 331 311 or email email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 17th July 2020.
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.