Sorry, applications for this position have closed
Tasracing is a State-owned company providing the strategic direction and funding to the three codes of racing in Tasmania – thoroughbred, harness and greyhound. Tasracing strives for quality racing products that exceed customer demands in a globally competitive industry and achievement of optimum outcomes for the long-term sustainability of the Tasmanian racing industry.
In its search for a Chief Executive Officer, the Tasracing Board is excited to partner with a CEO who is committed to developing lasting relationships with racing participants, customers and stakeholders, will promote and enhance animal welfare standards and outcomes, and lead, innovate and inspire the organisation to deliver on Tasracing’s key strategic goals to:
- Maintain and grow participation in the industry.
- Promote and enhance animal welfare.
- Responsibly manage risk and safety to protect participants, employees, assets and shareholders.
- Focus on wagering customers by understanding their needs, building relationships with operators and creating value through innovation and great customer service.
- Provide efficiently managed racing and training infrastructure aligned with participant and customer expectations.
- Ensure suitable skills and systems are employed throughout Tasracing’s operations, assets and governance structures.
- Explore new business opportunities and promote the Tasmanian racing industry.
This is an opportunity to positively impact an industry that contributes over $100 million annually to the Tasmanian economy, by actively engaging with and developing positive relationships with industry and advocating on behalf of Tasracing, its customers and stakeholders to government, business, peer organisations and the community.
To request a copy of the Position Description please email email@example.com or for a confidential discussion contact Joanne Inches directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 331 311. Applications close COB Monday 26th November 2018.